Friday, August 5, 2016

Color Combo: Riocentric - Green & Yellow

The opening ceremony of the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro starts this evening.  Rio de Janeiro is located in Brazil – home of the Amazon Rainforest.  When I think of Brazil and the Amazon Rainforest, I picture bold, saturated colors, tropical exotic animals, luscious plants and greenery, and the land of beautiful supermodels.  Brazil’s flag contains mostly the colors green and gold (yellow) with a blue starry celestial globe in the middle. For this blog post, I decided to display three different outfits utilizing the color combo of green and yellow to pay homage to the home country that is hosting this year’s Olympics.



Outfit #1 – Bold At Work
For this first outfit, I decided to pair my golden yellow sleeveless collared blouse with kelly green ankle dress pants.  I think a colored or printed ankle pant is a must to have because it’s a great option to wear instead of your go-to neutral pants.  I subdued the saturated hues with a leopard belt and cognac and gold accents.  I sported my cognac pointed heels, menswear watch, and my Stella & Dot Bungalow Earrings and gold Pave Chevron Ring. I finished this business casual look with a pair of tortoise shell clubmaster (or browline) sunglasses.

Tip: When choosing ankle pants, choose a color or print that can be paired with neutrals and other colors and that can be transitioned from one season to the next.  Also, go for ones that aren’t super tight – having a tad bit of leg room makes them feel more breathable and comfortable to wear. 

Shirt: Loft // Pants: Express// Belt/Shoes: Target// Earrings/Ring: Stella & Dot// Watch: World Market// Sunglasses: Wunderlust
Outfit #2 – Casual in Stripes
For this next look, I wanted to create a casual summer outfit.  I paired my yellow and green striped cardigan over a loose white tank and golden yellow tailored shorts.  I continued this clean and minimal look by opting for a pair of gold sandals and accessorizing with my Stella & Dot Bungalow Earrings, gold Rebel Pendant, gold Pave Chevron Ring, and gold coin bracelets.  I finished the ensemble with my green Ralph Lauren tote bag.

Tip: Invest in pair of tailored shorts because they can be dressed up with a button-up or embellished tank and dressy sandals, or dressed down with a tank and a cardigan.

Shirt: Old Navy (this summer)// Cardigan: ModCloth// Shorts: The Limited (sale)// Shoes: DSW (sale)// Purse: Ralph Lauren (gift)// Bracelets: Von Maur (gift)// Earrings/Necklace/Ring: Stella & Dot
Outfit #3 – Olive & Marigold in Fall
For this last outfit, I wanted to show how green and yellow can be transitioned into fall.  I paired my golden yellow and beige striped long sleeve with an olive utility jacket and medium washed skinny jeans.  I continued this classic preppy look with opting for a pair of cognac oxfords and adding a menswear watch.  I accessorized the ensemble with my Stella & Dot Bungalow Earrings, gold Rebel Pendant, and vintage cocktail ring.

Tip: Olive is a great substitute for the more saturated greens during the fall season because it acts like a neutral because it can be worn with many colors.

Shirt: Target// Jacket: Old Navy// Jeans: American Eagle (old)// Shoes: Dillard's (Steve Madden)// Belt: Old// Earrings/Necklace: Stella & Dot// Ring: Vintage (Grandma's)
How would you wear green & yellow?

No comments :

Post a Comment